Current is a free fintech bank that gives new customers a $50 referral bonus when they sign up for an account using a referral link. Here’s how you can get your $50 Current referral incentive.
- Use a referral link to open a Current account (here’s my Current referral link).
- Within 45 days of creating your account, you will get a direct deposit of $200 or more.
- After performing a qualifying direct deposit, your $50 bonus will be credited to your account within 10 business days.
Current is a simple incentive to get, and it also offers you access to three savings accounts that yield 4% interest on balances up to $2,000. That means you can save up to $6,000 and earn 4% interest. That’s fantastic, because it elevates Current to the level of account I recommend to everyone.
In this piece, we’ll go over how Current works and lead you through the procedures necessary to receive your $50 Current referral bonus.
What’s is Current Bank and How Does it Work?
Current ($50 Referral Code)
Current is a free fintech bank that’s offering new users a $50 referral bonus after signing up for an account using a referral link. Current is an easy bonus to earn and also gives you access to three savings accounts that pay you 4% interest on up to $2,000.
Current is a fintech banking app that is comparable to Chime and Varo. It provides two main services: a checking account and a savings account (they call their savings accounts, savings pods).
The Current checking account functions similarly to a standard checking account. It has no hidden fees and gives you access to a network of free ATMs. The Current debit card also provides cash back at certain restaurants and businesses.
In addition to the checking account, Current provides users with access to a savings account that pays 4% interest on balances up to $2,000. This makes Current a worthwhile alternative for anyone looking for the best return on their money or a safe location to save their emergency fund. We’ll go through the savings account in greater depth later in this piece.
Previously, Current offered two options. There was a free basic plan that allowed you to open one savings account. Meanwhile, the premium plan provided access to three savings accounts but came with a monthly price of $5. Because it was free, I used the basic plan.
Current, on the other hand, has recently made some modifications. When you sign up today, you will be able to use the premium plan with no monthly payments. This offers you access to the three savings accounts, therefore you should open the premium plan when you sign up (assuming it remains free).
Other Recent Blog Articles:
- Namecheap VPN Review: A Comprehensive Analysis of Features, Performance, and Privacy
- Namecheap SSL Certificate Review: Ultimate Guide to Secure Your Website & Visitors
- Namecheap WordPress Hosting Review: Affordable Hosting with Powerful Features
- Unleash the Power of Professional Email Hosting with Namecheap: Ultimate Review
- Unleash Your Website’s Potential with Namecheap Web Hosting: The Ultimate Review
$50 Current Referral Code
Step-by-Step Instructions for the Current Referral Bonus
With that out of the way, let’s take a look at the specific steps you may take to receive your $50 Current referral incentive.
1. Create A Current Account Through A Referral Link. The first step is to open a Current account through a referral link. If you want to earn your bonus while also supporting this blog, please use my current referral link. My referral code should be filled in immediately when you open the account, but if not, please use my code: TYLERD756.
When you open a Current account, you will be given the option of opening a basic or premium account. As I said in the last section, the premium plan is now free, so select that when you create your account. It’s fine if you choose the basic plan; you can always upgrade to the premium plan later.
When you join up, it may state that the premium plan is $5 per month, but when you create the account, it will state that there are no yearly fees in your app.
2. Make a $200 or more direct deposit within 45 days. You must make a direct deposit of $200 or more within 45 days of opening your account. The terms are as follows:
An employer or payroll provider must make a Payroll Direct Deposit via ACH deposit. Transfers from Paypal, Zelle, Venmo, Square, GooglePay, Cash App, or similar peer-to-peer transfer services, one-time direct deposits (such as tax refunds), mobile check deposits, and cash loads are not eligible for Payroll Direct Deposit.
The clear text of the terms suggests that you must make a genuine direct deposit to be eligible for the incentive. If you can make a genuine direct deposit, it is your best bet for earning the bonus.
Having said that, several data points indicate that you can achieve this incentive requirement by performing an ACH transfer from a regular bank account. Although Ally Bank does not function to trigger the incentive, some have claimed that Discover Bank or Schwab will. You may need to perform several transfers to determine which one works.
3. Your bonus will be credited to your account within 10 business days. The rules specify that your incentive will be credited within 10 business days, although most customers receive their bonus within a week. This is significant since it will allow you to determine whether your direct deposit technique was successful. If you haven’t received your bonus within a week, contact another bank. Remember that you only have 45 days to complete a qualifying direct deposit, so don’t squander it.
Current Savings Account Strategy with 4% Interest
Aside from the referral bonus, Current is particularly beneficial because it includes a savings account with a 4% interest rate.
Current refers to its savings accounts as “savings pods.” It offers 4% interest on the first $2,000. Everything over $2,000 is not subject to interest. In other terms, if you had $2,001 in your savings pod, you’d earn 4% on the first $2,000 and 0% on the last $1.
If you register for the premium plan (which now is free for everyone), you will be able to start up to three different savings pods and deposit $2,000 into each. This will yield you $6,000 in interest at a rate of 4%.
Because the savings pods are held in an FDIC-insured bank account, having them in Current does not put your money at danger. Even if you aren’t interested in the $50 referral bonus, you should open a Current account to have access to the savings accounts.
More Bonuses If You Refer Your Friends And Family
Current users will receive a referral link to share with their friends and family. You will receive $50 for each individual you refer to Current who follows the steps outlined above. Your referral may be located in the top right corner of the app, in which it says “Get $50.”
Under the present referral rules, you are limited to a maximum of $1,000 in referrals every calendar year, which implies you should be able to suggest 20 individuals in a year. I’m not sure if Current includes the $50 registration bonus in that limit. If they do, you’ll only be able to make 19 referrals.
That’s a nice value in either case. My advise is to share your referral link with your friends and relatives. If they have any questions about how to earn the bonus, you can direct them to this post.
It appears like Current is making a concerted effort to attract new users. If you’re able to meet the requirements, the referral incentive is well worth it. Having access to many savings accounts with a 4% interest rate is even more advantageous.