Building wealth and making money are two areas which I feel pretty strong about. However, sometimes it can feel like the process of generating income and creating wealth can begin to control you, instead of you controlling it.
To put things back into perspective and to avoid letting the process of making money and creating wealth control or consume us, and remember the real purpose of money and wealth, and where it does and doesn’t belong in our lives – we can always turn to the wise for advise by absorbing their words of wisdom.
So I decided to share some of my favorite inspirational quotes about money and wealth. These are some of the best quotes which have been provided to us by some of the smartest men in history. And, whenever I read these quotes listed below, they always seem to lighten my mood and put things back into perspective for me.
I hope you enjoy and benefit from reading these quotes about wealth and money as much I do. Enjoy!
The Best Inspirational Quotes on Wealth, Money and Life
1. “An investment in knowledge pays the best dividends.”
2. “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.”
3. “Before you speak, listen. Before you write, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you invest, investigate. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. Before you retire, save. Before you die, give.”
William A. Ward
4. “The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.”
5. “If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.”
6. “Integrity is the essence of everything successful.”
R. Buckminster Fuller
7. “It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor.”
8. “You don’t make the poor richer by making the rich poorer.”
9. “Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.”
10. “Let others lead small lives, but not you. Let others argue over small things, but not you. Let others cry over small hurts, but not you. Let others leave their future in someone else’s hands, but not you.”
11. “Buy when everyone else is selling and hold until everyone else is buying. That’s not just a catchy slogan. It’s the very essence of successful investing.”
J. Paul Getty
12. “Destiny is as destiny does. If you believe you have no control, then you have no control.”
13. “The person who doesn’t know where his next dollar is coming from usually doesn’t know where his last dollar went.”
14. “If we command our wealth, we shall be rich and free. If our wealth commands us, we are poor indeed.”
15. “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.”
16. “Create a set of great personal values and surround yourself with the right people that can form your support system. Have an optimistic spirit and develop a strong purpose that you completely believe in and everything you can imagine is possible, for you.”
17. “I don’t pay good wages because I have a lot of money; I have a lot of money because I pay good wages.”
18. “Anything that you learn becomes your wealth, a wealth that cannot be taken away from you; whether you learn it in a building called school or in the school of life. To learn something new is a timeless pleasure and a valuable treasure. And not all things that you learn are taught to you, but many things that you learn you realize you have taught yourself.”
19. “Don’t tell me where your priorities are. Show me where you spend your money and I’ll tell you what they are.”
James W. Frick
20. “Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.”
Franklin D. Roosevelt
21. “Money is like love; it kills slowly and painfully the one who withholds it, and enlivens the other who turns it on his fellow man.”
22. “Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it’s greedy or loving.”
23. “You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off you.”
24. “View money and things not as something you create to fill a lack, but as tools to help you more fully express yourself and realize your potential.”
Sanaya Roman and Duane Packer
25. “It’s not the employer who pays the wages. Employers only handle the money. It’s the customer who pays the wages.”
26. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.”
27. “Money never made a man happy yet, nor will it. There is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more a man has, the more he wants. Instead of filling a vacuum, it makes one.”
28. “Seek not greater wealth, but simpler pleasure; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity.”
29. “He who loses money, loses much; He who loses a friend, loses much more; He who loses faith, loses all.”
30. “It’s good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it’s good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you haven’t lost the things that money can’t buy.”
31. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.”
32. “Many people take no care of their money till they come nearly to the end of it, and others do just the same with their time.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
33. “It is not in everyone’s power to secure wealth, office, or honors; but everyone may be good, generous, and wise.”
Luc De Clapiers
34. “Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that.”
Norman Vincent Peale
35. “When we feel stuck, going nowhere – even starting to slip backward – we may actually be backing up to get a running start.”
Do you know of any other good inspirational quotes about money and wealth that are not listed on here? Let us know by leaving a comment below!
Cool Products and Services That May Benefit You
PERSONAL CAPITAL – Want a tool that will allow you to view all your investments and wealth? Check out Personal Capital! It’s FREE! It’s a free service that’s available to you and allows you to sync all your financial accounts to one place. It also gives you a full picture of your entire financial situation and lets you see what your net worth is at any time. But wait, it gets better! Personal Capital takes it a step further and lets you create budgets, reminds you of any future bills, has a built in 401(k) analyzer, shows the best asset location personalized for you, and much more!
Related Article:Personal Capital Review
BETTERMENT – Want to begin investing, but don’t want to take the time to learn how or the time to manage your investments? Then Betterment is for you! Betterment is an automated investment service and adviser, that does the work for you, without the high fees. The service picks investments for you based from your personal needs and goals, and completely manages your account for you. It also automatically rebalances your portfolio for you over time and as you age. Open a Betterment account today! There’s no minimum account balance requirements!
Related Post: Betterment Review
BLUEHOST – Want to start your own blog and make money from it? You can view my article by clicking this link called How to Start a Blog in less than 20 Minutes. This guide will show you step-by-step how to set-up a WordPress blog, get website hosting, and a FREE domain!
Related Article:How to Start a Blog Business in Your Underwear
The post may contain affiliate links. To learn more please read the disclosure policy.
Author: Tyler DeBroux
Tyler started Oddball Wealth towards the end of 2014 after graduating college, as a way to stay relevant in his area of study, stimulate his mind, and to educate and help others.
Tyler has worked in the financial services industry, as a financial advisor, helping his clients make wise financial decisions and personalized long-term financial plans. Since graduating college in December of 2014, Tyler has paid off more than $15,000 in student loan debt and counting, his goal is to have all his student loans paid in full by the in of 2016.
Tyler is an entrepreneur and an expert in personal finance. Two of his many hobbies include investing and building online businesses. He is also a big advocate of early retirement and an aggressive saver, who utilizes any financial resources and tools available to him to help reach his goals for achieving financial independents.